Ntropic, an independent content creation studio with locations across the country, is seeking a Studio/VFX Assist for its Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable, highly motivated, resourceful, flexible and curious, with an interest in the post-production/VFX industry. Someone who has an ability to solve problems, think creatively, and react to an ever-shifting time-table.
- Systems installation of Mac, Windows, & Linux
- Maintain and coordinate with systems admin on licenses and accounts for industry-based software
- Support render farms and storage, including virtual servers
- Maintain and manage computer systems in the studio, as the need for project expansion arises as well as keep inventory
- Keep regular backups of workstations
- Setup workstations for project team
- Manage the machine room
- Set up and close various user accounts
- Work with outside vendors for support on internal systems, i.e. Quantum, Qumulo, Autodesk, phones, etc.
- Manage project archives
- Track project drives and footage
- General asset management and organization
- Support artists with file prep for CG and Flame pipeline, posting, transcoding and archiving
- Assist Flame and CG artists with conforms and outputs as well as assisting Editors who work with Avid and Premiere
- Assist Colorists with prepping and conforming for Reslove
- Organize project elements acquired from clients on the internal server
- Create XMLs and AAF’s
- Troubleshoot various technical issues
- Experience in post-production, namely industry-based systems - Flame, Nuke, Maya, Cinema 4D, Avid, Premier, Resolve etc.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, QuickTime Pro
- Technical proficiency and familiarity with basic system admin tools and processes
- Installation of software on Mac and PC
- Strong working knowledge of a machine room
- Experience managing a render farm (Thinkbox Deadline experience a plus)
- Familiarity with basic NAS and storage technologies
- Knowledge of script languages, especially Python a plus
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you think you are perfect for the position, include any salary requirements, and please mention where you saw the posting. Attach your RESUME as PDF attachments (instead of doc format) and NOT within the body of your email to avoid being sent to spam. Please make sure 'STUDIO ASSISTANT' is in the subject of the email to receive proper attention.